- You will be taking multiple flights that may stop en route for refueling and/or to pick up additional passengers.
- Planes usually carry between 5 and 13 passengers.
- Flights take approximately 2-3 hours, depending on the route and number of stops made.
- You may need to adhere to the 33 lb. baggage limit, including both your soft-sided duffel and small carry-on bag, on your internal and inter-Africa flights. Please check with your trip manager to confirm.
- Even “good fliers” may wish to bring motion sickness medication, such as Dramamine, for potential discomfort.
- Due to domestic flight logistics there will not be an opportunity to store luggage at the Arusha office.
- Rooms at your permanent tented camp have fixed foundations and thatched roofs over a spacious canvas walled interior.
- There is fixed plumbing and lighting but no wall outlets for electrical devices.
- Camera batteries and small electronics can be charged in one of the common areas of the lodges/camps.
- A private verandah allows for relaxation and wildlife viewing right from your room.
- Lodges/camps will provide instructions for moving about the property – wildlife can get quite close and so “Askaris”, or watchmen, are available to escort you to and from rooms.
- On wildlife drives, local expert wildlife guides will be at the helm since they specialize in this area the same way that Thomson Safaris’ guides specialize in northern Tanzania.
- You will travel in open-sided safari vehicles, possibly with other guests from the lodge/camp in the vehicle. Private vehicles may be available for an additional fee and with advance reservations.
- As in the northern parks, wildlife behavior, location and quantity depend on factors out of our control, such as weather or seasonal water sources.