Join the family legacy
Based in Watertown, Massachusetts, we like to think of our office as friendly, fast-paced and fun. We work hard for our clients, our company and the communities in which we operate. If you’re as passionate as we are about travel—and delivering exceptional customer experiences—we may have a place for you. Browse our current openings, and send us your application.
International Trip Planning Consultant
The world is full of exciting destinations to explore, and as an International Trip Planning Consultant, you will play an important role in making our guests’ travel dreams come true.
Our travel company has been around for 40 years, and we’ve always believed that travel makes the world a better, friendlier, kinder place. We apply that same spirit to our Boston office, providing a welcoming, supportive environment for our funky, fun, and fierce team!
As a trip planning consultant, you’ll manage a pipeline of incoming leads, using excellent communication skills and your enthusiastic passion for travel to help them find the perfect trip. From narrowing down destination choices to creating itineraries, you will be the expert they need to confidently book their dream vacation, all while staying organized, motivated and personable!
Come excited and ready to learn about each unforgettable destination and we’ll provide the training and support you need to jump in and start planning and selling. You’ll drive your own success and contribute to the team’s goals as well; we’ll give you the tools and knowledge you need along the way.
What you’ll be doing
- Becoming an expert on the international travel destinations we visit!
- Confidently communicating by phone and email on a daily basis, with prompt, accurate, and thorough responses as you move leads through your pipeline
- Respond to requests promptly, accurately, and thoroughly
- Nurturing your pipeline of leads, thinking creatively and resourcefully about how to reach your personal and team goals
- Planning exciting, enriching, and engaging travel itineraries, working with international operators to ensure services are fulfilled to specifications and expectations are exceeded
- Staying meticulously organized in your communications and trip plans with a keen attention to detail
- Periodically providing support for current traveling guests
- Share responsibility for the emergency support phone
- A positive attitude!
- A minimum of four years of sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Strong writing and communication skills, an ability to convey your thoughts with clarity, and an ability to understand and address needs of others
- Ability to multi-task
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- A passion for becoming a travel destination expert
- Friendly, calm, and patient demeanor
- Ability to handle high-end clients with professionalism
- Respect for your colleagues and the desire to contribute to the team
Please submit a resume AND a cover letter. The cover letter is your chance to stand out from the crowd and let us know who you are and how you can make this awesome team even better.
Hybrid office, 3 days in office, 2 days remote