Tanzanian Food: Carrot Cilantro Soup Recipe
New year, new recipes! Our talented team in Tanzania has a delicious new soup for you to try. From the Serengeti to your dinner table, you will enjoy the unique flavors that come together in this Carrot Cilantro Soup.
- 1 ½ lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ¼ cups chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add carrots and onions to saucepan with butter. Cook for 10 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add bay leaf, broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and then simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Add parsley and cilantro, simmer for an additional three minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Puree the mixture in a blender or with a hand blender.
- Check consistency – if very thick, add extra water. If very thin, reduce with a rapid boil.
- Add heavy cream and season to taste.