Do you love a challenge and consider yourself a born problem-solver? Do you thrive in a goal-oriented, results-driven atmosphere? Do you enjoy working independently, as well as with a team of creative, clever, and supportive individuals? You DO? Then we need you!
Thomson Safaris is an adventure travel company based in Watertown, offering high-end photographic safaris and Kilimanjaro treks in Tanzania. With over 35 years in the business, we are dedicated to creating once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences for our guests. Our office is fun, friendly, and fast-paced. We love a good time, but we are serious about our commitment to our clients, our company, and the communities in which we work and operate.
About the Job
Our safari and Kilimanjaro sales department builds relationships with leads who are interested in our trips – we do not utilize a cold calling approach. By engaging with leads through a variety of mediums, the consultant also seeks to educate them about our wildlife safaris, our treks on Mt. Kilimanjaro and Tanzania in general from the perspective of a subject matter expert. This position is dedicated to guiding our customers every step of the way through the sales process, from their first inquiry to booking the safari vacation or Kilimanjaro trek of their dreams!
- Become an expert on Tanzania, Thomson, and our safari and Kilimanjaro products
- Cultivate customer relationships with daily follow-up via phone and email
- Seek out sales opportunities within our customer database
- Book clients by building individualized itineraries for standard and custom trips
- Coordinate with our Boston and Tanzania staff to confirm lodging availability
- Meet and exceed sales targets and team goals
- Work to continually refine and improve our product and brand image
- College degree
- Exceptional phone manner
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Finely tuned time-management and organizational abilities
- Able to adapt and learn on the fly, while knowing when to ask for help
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Experience using database software (bonus points for experience with FileMaker!)
- Sales experience (especially travel/outdoors-related) preferred
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to sell us on anything! If you do not submit a cover letter, we will not read your resume. Please, no calls regarding this position. Thank you.
You can submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org