Keeping You Informed
The safety of our guests and staff is always our number one priority and informs all our decisions. In today’s uncertain landscape, we understand that travelers are more careful when managing their plans and may have a few more questions. We are here to support you every step of the way. And whether you’re in the Serengeti or the grocery store, we encourage you to take the Thomson Pledge, our personal code of conduct aimed at minimizing the risk of infection for yourself and others.
We continue to monitor the local and global impacts of COVID-19 and are updating our policies and actions accordingly. Please continue to refer back to our website for ongoing updates.
Flexible Transfer Policies
Because of these uncertain times, we are offering more flexibility than ever before, so you can have peace of mind leading up to your adventure.
Deposits are now fully transferable up until 35 days prior to departure.*
We know things are changing constantly. Now you can have more time than ever to decide if you and your loved ones would prefer to transfer to a future date for your adventure.
*Guests may be responsible for any price differences incurred with their future trip. All transfers after the first are subject to standard transfer fees. Flexible transfer options apply to COVID-19 related reasons. Additional exclusions on extensions and extra services may apply. Please contact us for more details and complete terms and conditions.
Professional Trip Consultants
Since the beginning of the pandemic, our team of trip consultants have remained up to date on CDC, WHO and State Department advisories and recommendations. We encourage you to stay informed as well. We have also been in constant communication with the team in Tanzania and all of our partner organizations.
Although the decision on if and when to travel is entirely up to you and your loved ones, we are happy to help you throughout the process. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are currently available Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST.
We are continuing to stay up to date on advisories and recommendations form the CDC, WHO, State Department and preferred airlines. We encourage you to stay informed on these as well.
If you have already booked your trip with Thomson Safaris, you can expect to hear from someone on the Thomson team in the months leading up to your departure to discuss possible options for postponing.
In the meantime, the team in Tanzania has been working tirelessly to develop new procedures and protocols for future trips, and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Tanzania!
If you and your loved ones have decided not to travel on your originally scheduled departure, you have until 35 days prior to departure to transfer, penalty-free, to a future date.*
If Thomson should cancel your trip, we will offer a 105% travel credit toward a future trip.**
*Please note that guests may be responsible for any price differences incurred with their future trip. Flexible transfer options apply to COVID-19 related reasons. Additional exclusions on extensions and extra services may apply. Please contact your Trip Manager for more information.
**This offer applies only if your trip has been already paid in full.
We’re Here For You
As always, feel free to reach out to our team with any questions or concerns about your upcoming trip. You are welcome to contact your Trip Manager directly or contact us below. We are currently available Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST.